Postman Software Engineer Internship
Postman is the only complete API development environment. Today we have 10 million developers and over 500K companies using our comprehensive set of built-in tools to support every stage of the API life cycle. With Postman you can design, mock, debug, test, document, monitor, and publish your APIs all in one place.
We are looking for interns to build out features, design and implement APIs, and improve the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
You will be working in a rapidly evolving, fast-paced environment. You will be scrappy, independent, and excited about having a big impact in a small, growing team. You will be treated as a Software Engineer not an “intern”.
|Seniority Level||Entry level|
|Duration||5-6 Months (June/July to Dec 2020)|
|Job Functions||Information Technology|
About the Team
You will be working with a cross-functional team consisting of developers, designers, security researchers, data engineers, and may other disciplines. You and your team will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of one or more products.
We’re a small team that learns from each other and iterates rapidly to make a large impact. Our services are written in Node.js, MySQL and Linux deployed on the AWS Platform. Our client-side applications largely use React and MobX/Redux when necessary.
A taste of our scale:
- 100+ million requests per day spread across 30+ microservices
- 10+ TB of data and growing every day
- Ingesting around 1+ TB of monthly internal service logs
- 100k+ peak concurrent web socket connections
This is a paid internship, and you will report directly to one of our Engineering Managers or Technical Leads.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the development of microservices while working with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Support and Product, Quality, Security and Platform Engineers.
- Contribute to the development of client-side applications running in the browser or on the Electron platform.
- Write Mocks, Docs, Monitors, Integration and Contract Tests using Postman.
- Address support tickets and bugs reported by Support, Quality and Security teams.
- You’re working towards a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- You have some experience building web-based products using high-level programming languages (JS, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go). Our backend services primarily use Node.js, so you’ll be expected to either ramp up on that or continue building awesome things with it. Our client-side applications largely use React, and MobX/Redux when necessary.
- You care about what you build. Every individual is expected to pay attention to detail, and learn after their first mistake.
- You are empathetic to your users and colleagues.
- You are curious enough to dig deeper than necessary. You are realistic enough to not compromise deadlines or user experience.
- You are a good communicator who can explain technical concepts to product managers, designers, support and other engineers
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 100 ft. road, Indiranagar in Bangalore. You will enjoy our incredible perks: home-cooked meals, snacks, a game room, musical instruments, flexible hours, and ergonomic workstations.What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in autonomous small teams for maximum impact; that strives for organizational growth to align with that of the individual; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged from anyone and everyone. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who not only understand the challenge but can also solve this for the rest of the world.
Be a part of something big.
Also See – Microsoft Virtual Internship Program
Postman Software Engineer Internship